Start A Bluetit Group
Update (13th September 2023)
We have had to make the difficult decisions to take a short break from starting new groups. We are a small team and have a packed calendar of events over the next few months. We hope to get back to this as soon as we can.
Would you like to start a Bluetit group in your area?
We are always interested to hear from people who love swimming and dipping and are passionate about community.
Over the years we have realised how much of a difference it makes in peoples live to take part in cold water swimming as part of a community.
The Bluetits is run by Bluetits for Bluetits, from HQ right down to the newest dippers we all work together for the greater good of the community.
Here is all you need to know about starting up a local Bluetit Community swim group.
What is expected of a Bluetit flock admin?
- To look after the Facebook group that is set up for you by our team making sure that it runs in line with the Bluetit ethos and values.
- Support the larger Bluetit community and be an advocate for the organisation.
- Have fun and lead with the ‘be kind’ ethos that is integral to our community.
- Keep up to date with news and developments and share them with your group.
- Share safety information and resources delivered from The Bluetits HQ to the local page to allow members to learn how to stay safe.
- Order the famous Bluetit ‘newbie’ badges and present them to new swimmers and dippers.
- Ensure that our inclusivity values are adhered to.
- Pick up on requests from businesses, charities and the media that come through to your local group and work with HQ to make sure we make the most of these opportunities.
- Attend swim meets to spend time with your community and meet and greet new swimmers.
- You are not responsible for organising all the swims in the group!
What do you get in return?
- You are part of the largest swim community in the world and will be supported by your fellow admins and by HQ.
- Free training to support you - on things like mental health awareness and conflict resolution.
- The help and support from HQ team to help bring new ideas to life that fit within the Bluetits ethos and values.
- Safety information provided by HQ to share with your group.
- A discount card giving you access to discounts from The Bluetit and sme of our favourite businesses.
Grab a cuppa and have a read of our Guidance and Resources for Admins for detailed information about running a Bluetit group.
If you would like to start up a Bluetits Social Swim Community group in your area please fill in this form.
If you have any questions please email our Community Manager Amy at email@example.com