Nippy Dippers Terms & Conditions
Rules and Terms and Conditions - PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING!
1. Race organisation
Arctic Flappers Nippy Dippers is organised by The Bluetits Chill Swimmers Ltd.
Registered office address: Unit 5, Glasfryn Lane, St. Davids, Haverfordwest, Wales, SA62 6FH
Company number: 12850580
2. Entry pre-requisite
All entrants must be 18 or over.
Arctic Flappers Nippy Dippers - October 7th 2023 will take place at Box End Park, Box End Rd, Box End, Bedford MK43 8RQ.
Arctic Flappers Nippy Dippers - November 25th 2023 will take place at Lake 32, Spratsgate Ln, Cirencester GL7 6DF.
3.1 The distances will be clearly marked and marshalled.
3.2 Entrants must follow the marked course and instructions of marshals at all times.
As well as your usual swim kit and things to keep you warm, you will need:
- A tow float and a swim hat
- Swim shoes
- One inflatable (if you are entering the inflatable race) per team. Your steed must be a good all-rounder, think running, mounting, pushing, and paddling!
- If entering the 800m swim, we recommend nominating a warm up buddy to hold your robe and help you dress afterwards.
Equipment/state of dress that is not allowed:
While this is not a timed event, if the swim safety team feel that you need to be retired from the swim for any reason, you must do so without complaint.
6. Statement of risk
Outdoor swimming or dipping is physically challenging and carries with it the risk of personal injury, including (but not limited to) cold water shock, hypothermia, drowning, sickness from polluted water, injury from wildlife, other swimmers, other water users or debris in the water. In case of any doubt please consult your GP before booking.
7. Swimmers responsibility
- The participant must be able to comfortably swim their chosen distance.
- Participants compete in this event entirely at their own risk.
- Do not swim under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you are pregnant, have any health conditions or are taking prescribed medication you must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor before participating.
- The participants shall treat all other entrants, spectators, Bluetit volunteers and the team at the venue with kindness and respect.
- Participants must attend registration in the allotted time or will forfeit their entry with no refund of entry fee.
- Littering will not be tolerated.
- If you are asked to retire from the race you must do so without complaint.
- The use of headphones is prohibited.
- The use of fins or paddles is prohibited.
- The organiser’s decision on whether or not a swimmer has infringed any of the above rules will be final.
8. Cancellation & entry charges
8.1 Cancellation of your entry can be made in accordance with online selling law up to 14 days after purchase, except where your entry is within two weeks of the event date or the total value of your order is £42 or less. Within two weeks of the event a refund will be given minus any transaction fees.
8.2 No refunds more than 14 days after entry. No refunds of entry fees will be given including in circumstances where you are unable to attend due to illness or injury or a scheduling conflict. We recommend you take out sports event insurance and travel insurance to cover these eventualities.
8.3 If we cancel or make a significant change to the location of the event or the date of the event so that you are no longer able to attend, you will receive a refund.
8.4 We reserve the right to shorten the distance of a swim should conditions on the day deem it necessary for safety. No refunds will be offered for shortened swims.
No deferrals or transfers are allowed.
There will be a film crew and photographer on-site on the day, and The Bluetits Chill Swimmers reserves the right to use all footage captured on the day.
By entering the event, you agree to abide by these rules.