The Bluetits Disclaimer Policy
For the purposes of this notice ‘The Bluetits’ includes the organisation, its employees, volunteers and members of the social swim community.
Outdoor swimming or dipping is physically challenging and carries with it the risk of personal injury, including (but not limited to) cold water shock, hypothermia, drowning, sickness from polluted water, injury from wildlife, other swimmers, other water users or debris in the water.
The ‘safety’ of locations is dependent on many factors such as the weather and the abilities and knowledge of the swimmer. The terrain of a swim spot may also naturally change over time. Rainfall in particular can have an impact on the safety of a swim spot.
- When it comes to your safety you must act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
- You must not participate if you are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
- If you are pregnant, have any health conditions or are taking prescribed medication you must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor before participating.
- You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed at your swim location.
- If you swim at a lifeguarded location you should follow the instructions and guidance of the lifeguards.
- The decision to participate in any swim must be taken individually, and swimmers must not rely (in whole or in part) on views or information provided by The Bluetits.
- If you are in any doubt about the safety of a swim or your ability to complete it, you should not take part.
The Bluetits are not qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate.
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by The Bluetits participation in cold water swimming or dipping is entirely at your own risk.
Disclaimer for loss or damage to property
Most swims and dips take place in public locations. The Bluetits are not responsible for any theft, damage, destruction or loss of your property or belongings while participating in swimming and dipping.