We are Hiring
Salary - £26k pro rata
Term - Permanent - Part Time
Location - St Davids, Pembrokeshire
Closing date* - 31st August 2023
Working hours - 20 hours per week - we will require that you work 5 days a week so 4 hours per day Monday to Friday. Will be required to work from Bluetit HQ in St Davids on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Benefits of working for The Bluetits
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata and inclusive of public holidays)
- Flexible working
- Workplace pension
- Staff discount
Experienced office administrator for our head office based in St Davids, Pembrokeshire. Must be passionate about working within a community based Social Enterprise.
We are looking for an office administrator to join our team and look after the administration of Bluetit HQ, someone who is flexible, organised and a team player.
You will play an important part in the day-to-day organisation and work collaboratively with the team along with external stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day activities. You will be organised and self-motivated, able to adapt effectively and appropriately to diverse situations.
This is a great opportunity to join a small, dynamic, not for profit organisation.
The Bluetits is a Social Enterprise which was set up to support the growing Bluetit Community and its hundreds of volunteer led Bluetit groups throughout the UK and worldwide. In addition to this we sell products in our online store and put on regular events and challenges.
Our passion is community and cold water swimming we believe that access to there makes for happier, healthier humans.
We are a small team of 5 part-time employees who work closely together to support the Bluetit Community.
Our team is made up of a community development manager, a retail assistant, a swim coach, a Finance Director and our fabulous CEO and founder Sian. We also work with a freelance fundraiser, a freelance bookkeeper and almost 300 volunteers.
We are also currently expanding our board of directors and have taken on some Non-Executive Directors to introduce a broader range of leadership, governance expertise and skills.
We are a relatively new, but growing, organisation which means that we often work in a fast paced and changeable environment.
The right person will find that they naturally align with the Bluetits values and ethos.
- Responding to customer enquiries - we get a lot of queries from many locations and are looking to implement a streamlined system with one main point of contact.
General administrative support
- Provide general administrative support to the team.
- Our CEO is the face of the organisation and the visionary, you will act as PA to the CEO dealing with emails and phone calls by responding, passing on messages or highlighting them for the CEO’s attention.
- As a group of creative, ideas people we aren’t always the most organised, keeping our shared folder spaces organised with a searchable index will assist the team in finding the documents they need.
- Being the CRM champion in the organisation and helping us make the most of it.
- Documenting current processes and systems to help with staff training and consistency
- Assist with new tech set up - as an organisation we are always looking for tech that supports the way that the organisation is run.
- We are a growing organisation with new communities being formed all the time. You will work with the Community Development Manager to assist with the setting up of new groups, liaising with volunteers, collecting data, updating the database, setting up Facebook groups and updating Google Maps.
- Events are an important part of our calendar. You will be asked to assist with the administrative side of events, booking venues, arranging volunteers, booking accommodation and making travel arrangements.
- We operate an optional discount card scheme for members, part of your role will be to work with our Finance Director and look after the administrative side of this, liaise with suppliers, set up new suppliers and update the database (Google Sheet).
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong general IT skills, including Gmail, Google Sheets
- Confident working with a CRM system (we use Hubspot)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An organisational expert with the ability to prioritise tasks, and manage schedules.
- Tenacity to see things through and get things done
- A safe pair of hands that the team can rely on
- A problem solver who uses their initiative to get things done.
- Willingness to learn new things
- Happy to pitch in when it’s all hands to the pumps
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and warmly welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
* We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find someone who fits the role. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.