Title: Community Development Manager
Reporting to: Development Director
Salary: £22,000 pro rata
Hours: Permanent, part-time (21hours). We are flexible about how these hours are spread during the working week, some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Location: Flexible with a minimum of one day a week in HQ in St Davids, Pembrokeshire.
The Bluetit mission is to create a capable, confident community through cold water swimming and adventures.
The Bluetits Chill Swimmers Ltd is a social enterprise established in 2020 committed to empowering our inclusive community of outdoor dippers. Rooted in Wales, our Social Swim Community spans the globe, made up of informal groups of mixed-gender people who just like to swim or dip together.
Since our official start in 2020 we have grown from a handful of groups to currently about 150 worldwide, with one or two volunteer admins running each group. The Bluetits is located in St Davids, Pembrokeshire.
The Community Development Manager will provide support to our community by being the first point of contact for our volunteer admins.
The Community Development Manager will create and develop excellent working relationships with our admins and the wider community though a series of outreach events, online sessions, and meetings.
The Community Development Manager will support strategy working closely with the retail and marketing team.
The work of the Community Development Manager will focus on the following areas;
- Extensive use of Facebook where all our groups are managed.
- Answering and resolving queries from the community on Facebook.
- Research and evaluation (with support from the team).
- Provide reports to the marketing and retail team to inform strategy.
- General admin tasks to support the work of the HQ team.
- Event management, for regional outreach events and support to the events manager at national events.
The Community Development Manager should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Be very comfortable navigating and communicating on social media.
- Good organisational skills, able to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience of research and evaluation/information gathering.
- Positive and flexible attitude and happy working as part of a team.
- Understanding of the aims of The Bluetits.
- An understanding and passion for the outdoors, its positive effect on people and communities and the value of free and inclusive access to the outdoors.
- The Bluetits will provide you with a laptop and smartphone, essential for the role.
- The role is a permanent contract, funded by WCVA TRSF2 funding in year 1.
- You will be required to spend at least two days per week at HQ in St Davids for the first three months, then at least one day per week after that.
- Probation period is six months with a review at three months.
- You will have 20 days paid holiday (pro rata) each year in addition to bank holidays.
This post is funded by Third Sector Resilience Fund for Wales Phase 3 Scheme, administered by WCVA.